Edinburg, VA 22824
Phone: (540) 984-8200
Fax: (540) 984-8207
Monday: 12:00 - 5:00
Tuesday: 12:00 - 5:00
Wednesday: 12:00 - 5:00
Thursday: 12:00 - 8:00
Friday: 12:00 - 5:00
Computers Available by Appointment
Reading List: Great American Road Trip 2020 Northeast
For the first stop on our Great American Road Trip 2020 reading challenge, try one of these titles set in New England!
- City on Fire by Garth Risk Hallberg (Adult Fiction)
- Empire Falls by Richard Russo (Adult Fiction)
- Just Kids by Patti Smith (Adult NonFiction)
- Olive Kitteridge by Elizabeth Strout (Adult Fiction)
- The Secret History by Donna Tartt (Adult Fiction)
- Where She Went by Gayle Forman (YA)
- The Book of Unknown Americans by Cristina Henríquez (Adult/YA)
- Neverworld Wake by Marisha Pessl (YA)
- The Sun Is Also a Star by Nicola Yoon (YA)
- The Dreadful Tale of Prosper Redding by Alexandra Bracken (Juvenile Fiction)
- Quicksand Pond by Janet Taylor Lisle (Juvenile Fiction)
- Right as Rain by Lindsey Stoddard (Juvenile Fiction)
- Maine Clambake Mystery Series by Barbara Ross (Paperback)
- Under the Dome by Stephen King (CD Sound Recording)
- Harmony: a novel by Carolyn Parkhurst (CD Sound Recording)
Reading List: Great American Road Trip 2020 South
Choose a book from this list to get lost in the American South, the second stop on our Great American Road Trip reading challenge.
- An American Marriage by Tayari Jones (Adult Fiction)
- The Last Castle: The Epic Story of Love, Loss, and American Royalty in the Nation's Largest Home by Denise Kiernan (Adult Nonfiction)
- Collected Works by Flannery O’Connor (Adult Fiction)
- Swamplandia! By Karen Russell (Adult Fiction)
- Deep South by Paul Theroux (Adult Nonfiction)
- Looking for Alaska by John Green (YA)
- The Summer I Turned Pretty by Jenny Han (YA)
- The Downstairs Girl by Stacey Lee (YA)
- This Is Where It Ends by Marieke Nijkamp (YA)
- Love like Sky by Leslie C. Youngblood (Juvenile Fiction)
- Hoodoo by Ronald L. Smith (Juvenile Fiction)
- Inside Out & Back Again by Thanhha Lai (Juvenile Fiction)
- Waiting for Augusta by Jessica Lawson (Juvenile Fiction)
- Sweet Magnolias series by Sherryl Woods (Paperback)
- The Homecoming of Samuel Lake by Jenny Wingfield (CD Sound Recording)
- Nashville Chrome by Rick Bass (CD Sound Recording)
Reading List: Great American Road Trip Midwest
Browse these wonderful titles to start the next adventure in our Great American Road Trip reading challenge. Will you choose a quiet romance on the great plains or a heart-stopping murder mystery in the windy city?
- The House on Mango Street by Sandra Cisneros (Adult Fiction)
- The Round House by Louise Erdrich (Adult Fiction)
- The Turner House by Angela Flournoy (Adult Fiction)
- Off to the Side: A Memoir by Jim Harrison (Adult Nonfiction)
- Song of Solomon by Toni Morrison (Adult Fiction)
- All That I Can Fix by Crystal Chan (YA)
- The Lake Effect by Erin McCahan (YA)
- Divergent by Veronica Roth (YA)
- I Am Not Your Perfect Mexican Daughter by Erika L. Sanchez (YA)
- Prairie Lotus by Linda Sue Park (Juvenile Fiction)
- Prairie Winter by Bonnie Geisert (Juvenile Fiction)
- Moon Over Manifest by Clare Vanderpool (Juvenile Fiction)
- Hope Was Here by Joan Bauer (Juvenile Fiction)
- The Batboy by Mike Lupica (Juvenile Fiction)
- The Bookstore Café Mystery series by Alex Erickson (Paperback)
- O Pioneers! by Willa Cather (CD Sound Recording)
- The Day the World Ended at Little Bighorn a Lakota History by Joseph Marshall (Overdrive eAudiobook)
Reading List: Great American Road Trip 2020 West
We've reached the Pacific in our Great American Road Trip reading challenge. From Washington state down to California, there is sure to be a book on this list for you!
- The Girls by Emma Cline (Adult Fiction)
- Where I Was From by Joan Didion (Adult Nonfiction)
- Blood Meridian, or, The Evening Redness in the West by Cormac McCarthy (Adult Fiction)
- Penumbra's 24-Hour Bookstore by Robin Sloan (Adult Fiction)
- Wild: From Lost to Found on the Pacific Crest Trail by Cheryl Strayed (Adult Nonfiction)
- Girl in Pieces by Kathleen Glasgow (YA ebook)
- When Dimple Met Rishi by Sandhya Menon (YA)
- American Born Chinese by Gene Yang (YA)
- Everything, Everything by Nicola Yoon (YA)
- The Georges and the Jewels by Jane Smiley (Juvenile Fiction)
- Banjo by Graham Salisbury (Juvenile Fiction)
- The Case of the Deadly Desperados by Caroline Lawrence (Juvenile Fiction)
- Seaglass Summer by Anjali Banerjee (Juvenile Fiction)
- The Longhorn Canyon series by Carolyn Brown (Paperback)
- Old Bones by Douglas J. Preston (CD Sound Recording)
- Killer Summer by Ridley Pearson (CD Sound Recording)
Reading List: Great American Road Trip 2020 Bonus!
While on an actual road trip, Alaska and Hawaii may be a bit out of reach, with a good book there is no state too far! Pick your bonus location, the Last Frontier or the Aloha State, to finish out our Great American Road Trip reading challenge.
Ancestry at Home
The company behind Ancestry, the world's premier genealogical resource, is providing our users remote access while we remain closed to the public. All you need is a Shenandoah County library card to pursue your research from home. Click here to begin.
Free Digital Content
TumbleBooks, a provider of digital content for all ages, has opened access to their resources for users as libraries remain closed due to COVID-19. Click here for information on signing in and benefiting from this generous offer.
New Digital Resource
Instantly borrow digital movies, television shows, music, eBooks, and audiobooks--free with your Shenandoah County Library card! To begin, download the hoopla app from your favorite app store or visit www.hoopladigital.com.
Your Shenandoah County Library Card provides access to a world of reliable online information. Begin your exploration by clicking here.
Response to Coronavirus Outbreak
Limited Hold Pickup Now Available at All Locations
(Updated 2:00 PM, Monday, June 29)
We are working to move into Phase 2 of the Library System's Phased Re-Opening Plan. Please check out our Hours and Locations page for information about current service hours at each location. Continue reading for more details.
Our libraries run on Volunteer Power! More than 100 volunteers contribute at least 150 hours per week to keep our libraries running.
If you shop on Amazon.com it's easier than ever to support your Library! Just head over to Amazon Smile and search for "Friends of the Shenandoah County Library." Select them as your supported group, and that's it! Thanks for your support!
Remember to Renew
Avoid those late fees! Call us at 540-984-8200 or log in to your account online to renew your materials.