Shenandoah County Library's Truban Archives is actively searching for new materials that will add to our collection and increase our community's ability to better understand its history.
The majority of new items are acquired via donations from individuals, businesses, community organizations, etc.
We are currently accepting donations of:
- Printed materials (newsletters, minutes, etc.)
- Select newspapers printed before 1866
- Other items related to the history of Shenandoah County
We are currently not accepting
- Copies of the Northern Virginia Daily
- Copies of the Mountain Courier
- Copies of the Shenandoah Valley Herald
- Physical Artifacts
- Clothing and Textiles
Please schedule a time with us to review any items you wish to donate. Please do not bring in items without an appointment. We may be able to pick up larger donations on site.
If you have items you wish to donate, please do not sort or weed items before discussing them with Archives staff.