Library System Enters Phase 3 on Tuesday, October 20
(Updated 9:00 AM, Monday, October 5)
The County Library in Edinburg will begin allowing access to the building for browsing collections on Tuesday, October 20 as the next stage of our Phased Re-Opening Plan. Please continue reading for more details.
We are closely monitoring the public health situation and will keep this page updated with the latest information.
Phase 3 begins on Tuesday, October 20
The County Library will be the first location to move into this phase, allowing access to our building for browsing collections and checking out materials. Building occupancy will be limited, there will be no public programming or access to meeting rooms, and computers will remain be limited to one hour sessions by appointment. The Shenandoah Room will be open to researchers by appointment only. Community Library locations will begin expanding access to their buildings as they are able under this phase. Our Hours and Locations page will be updated with details about each branch as changes are put in place.
All Locations Open for Holds Pickup Beginning Tuesday, June 30
All locations are now providing limited hours for pick up of reserved items. Check our Hours and Locations page for details about each branch.
Additional Locations Open Beginning Monday, June 22
Strasburg, Mt. Jackson, and Fort Valley Libraries are now offering limited hours for pickup of reserved items. Strasburg will be by appointment only, and staff from the library will contact you when your hold arrives to schedule pickup time. My. Jackson and Fort Valley will be open on a limited schedule as posted on our Hours and Locations page. Computers will be available at Fort Vally by appointment. Please call 933-6714 during open hours for more information. Computers at other locations will become available as we are able to provide adequate sanitizing supplies and maintain proper social distancing.
Phased Reopening Begins Monday, June 8
We are pleased to begin providing in-person services again beginning on Monday 6/8. Though we will be open limited days and hours, and for pickup of reserved items only, it marks the first step in being able to welcome people back into our buildings. Here are a few things to expect during phase 1:
- We are thrilled to welcome you back! Please be patient with us as we work out any unexpected issues that might arise.
- The Edinburg Library will be open on Mondays from 12-5pm and Thursdays from 2-8pm.
- We will only be checking out arrived holds during those times.
- Please place holds on materials online or by phone (540-984-8200).
- Library Staff are available by phone between 10am and 5pm on Monday through Friday.
- All returned items will be quarantined for 72 hours; There may be significant delays in our ability to fill hold requests.
- Overdue fines will not accrue during Phase 1. Please be mindful that others may be waiting for for items that you have checked out.
- Masks are required when you enter the library building.
- Enhanced cleaning procedures will be put in place for high-touch surfaces in our publicly available spaces.
- We cannot provide access to computers, shelving areas, or restrooms during Phase 1.
- Community Libraries will remain closed during Phase 1.
Phased Reopening Plan - Adopted 5/14/2020 by the Library Board of Trustees
Shenandoah County Library - Main Branch, Edinburg
The County Library in Edinburg will open limited days and hours for pickup of reserved items when County Administration opens the Government Center in Woodstock to in-person public service. Placing of holds is suspended until we enter Phase 1, and accrual of overdue fines will be suspended until at least Phase 3 of our phased re-opening plan.
(Hours and Locations Information)
All community libraries will remain closed until Phase 2 of our phased re-opening plan. Services will be limited to pick up of reserved items as each individual location is able to meet proper safety precautions. This page will be updated with the latest information.
All electronic resources and downloadable content remain available for patrons with library cards that are not expired and in good standing. Monthly item limit of Hoopla! digital library collections will be temporarily increased. Additional content will be made available through our Blue Ridge Download Consortium Overdrive Collection. Library staff at the County Library in Edinburg will be available by phone during open hours to assist with anyone experiencing difficulty accessing resources.