- AD - Adult (18 and over.)
- EC - Elementary child (ages 6 to 11)
- BB - Pre-Kindergarten (ages 0 to 4)
- IN - Licensed Day Care Centers, Adult Living Facilities, and School Media Specialists.
- MC - Middle child (ages 12 to 14) They may not check out YA Graphic Novels, DVDs or Videos.
- NR - Non-resident.
- YA - Young adult (ages 15 to 17) May check out Videos & DVDs once individual has a valid Virginia Driver's License.
- PP - Probationary. When the status of a patron has been blocked due to failure to return materials on time or to pay fines in a reasonable time frame, upon clearing their card the staff makes them a probationary patron. Probationary patrons are only allowed to check out three books and one item of another format. This is a temporary status that will be removed once the patron demonstrates that he or she can borrow materials and return them without incurring any fines or fees.
[Back to Top]
- NON-CIRC - Non-circulating. These patrons have in-house privileges but are not allowed to check out any materials.
- BLOCKED STATUS - Automation system blocks their card due to violation of circulation policies.
- HOT STATUS - Library staff has changed status from GOOD to BLOCKED for reason stated in COMMENT field.
- GOOD - Full privileges
- BLOCKED - Card privileges blocked including use of Internet - This status applies to all patrons who have outstanding charges of $25 or more.
[Back to Top]